Our Lady of Soledad Catholic Church
The Diocese of San Bernardino is a vibrant and diverse community of Roman Catholic Believers committed to
bringing the Good News of Jesus Christ to all we encounter. We are guided by the core values of hospitality,
collaboration, faith sharing and reconciliation. Through the impact of the Gospel, we seek to fill lives with hope.
The first Catholic Church erected between the city of Banning and Arizona was built in 1923-1924 in Coachella. It is
known as the Old Church on First Street. It was dedicated under the title of Our Lady of Soledad on December 24,1924.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Classifies, verifies and posts items in the general ledger.
• Balances financial books and records and maintains the general ledger.
• Determines proper records and distribution of debit and credit items.
• Compiles financial statements and reports for pastor and finance council.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma and two years college or technical school plus relevant training or experience.
• Must have a minimum of three years’ experience as a full charge bookkeeper in a parish or secular
• Must be familiar with GAAP and be able to successfully complete a skills test.
• Requires solid organizational skills and a familiarity with parish process and standards as well as
• Bilingual English/Spanish may be required. Must have the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Strong computer skills: Word, Excel.
• Knowledge of the Catholic Faith.
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Excellent organizational skills required.
• Completion of a parish based or diocesan level ministry formation program desirable.
Includes but not limited to considerable use of arms and legs, whole body movement, walking, lifting, and
stooping, standing, sitting, lifting and carrying up to 30