Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church, Rancho Cucamonga
The Diocese of San Bernardino is a vibrant and diverse community of Roman Catholic Believers committed to
bringing the Good News of Jesus Christ to all we encounter. We are guided by the core values of hospitality,
collaboration, faith sharing and reconciliation. Through the impact of the Gospel, we seek to fill lives with hope.
Founded in 1905, Our Lady of Mount Carmel is committed to devoting time, talent and treasure to fulfill the
spiritual needs of the community.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Responsible for the maintenance of a complete set of records covering all financial transactions of the
• Classifies, verifies and posts items in the general ledger.
• Balances financial books and records and maintains the general ledger.
• Determines proper records and distributions of debit and credit items.
• Reconcile bank and asset accounts.
• Prepares financial statements and reports for pastor and finance council.
• Assist in developing budget for the parish.
• Attendance at staff and finance council meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of three years’ experience as a full charge bookkeeper in a parish, public or private company.
• Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles.
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
• Must be familiar with GAAP and be able to successfully complete a skills test.
• Must have ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Must have ability to interact professionally with all employees and people coming into the office.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, email, and internet usage.
• Biliterate, Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred.
Includes but not limited to considerable use of arms and legs, whole body movement, walking, lif