Contact Human Resources
: Catholic Charities, Diocese of San Diego
The Immigration Specialist delivers quality immigration-related services to qualified applicants at the agency's Mission Gorge office. Language required – ARABIC.
Qualifications DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Screen, assess and evaluate client needs and determine eligibility for immigration benefits and program services
* Propose and follow up with legal remedies to resolve client immigration needs when possible, or suggest appropriate alternative remedies, if required. Seek advice and direction from BIA colleagues, Staff Attorney and program policies, as needed
* Inform clients and eligible family members about requirements related to applying for immigrant or residency status and give information pertinent to service delivery
* Complete appropriate Immigration Forms (e.g. N-400, N-600, I-90, I-130, I-485, FOIA, I-360 VAWA, I-539, NACARA, TPS and fingerprint charts) based on client eligibility and define required or helpful supporting documentation
* Translate documents, as appropriate
* Answer telephone inquiries as determined by office guidelines
* Conduct follow-up of case, as needed
* Maintain accurate, complete and confidential files of own casework, including case notes
* Take photographs; make photocopies of documents/forms; assemble applications for filing
* Conduct individual or group information sessions, including outreach, per program directives
* Submit program reports and compute required statistics in a timely manner
* Participate in staff development, training, conference, and program meetings as directed.
* Keep management informed of complaints, issues and/or problems for timely investigation and resolution.
This Ad has been viewed 205 times.