Contact Catholic Charities of San Diego
: Diocese of San Diego
The Health Navigator performs services associated with the health screening of refugees and asylees resettling in San Diego County and their timely access to health care. The candidate must be bilingual, English and Arabic.
* Accept referrals from the Health Department and Volags; Contact clients by phone, home visit or mail; and schedule appointments for two-part health screening
* Complete intake, including review of health history and current complaints
* Assist nurse with height, weight, vision, urine specimen, blood pressure, O&P stool cups, and reading of skin test (if certified)
* Provide client information about program and the health care delivery system, including information on TB, Hepatitis B, ova & parasites, immunizations and all other conditions covered by the refugee health assessment
* Under direction of nurse practitioner or physician, explain findings from assessment (physical, lab tests) and the need to see a physician for interventions
* Make appointments for clients with acute health problems needing urgent attention
*Refer refugees who elect to defer certain tests to appropriate providers
* Contact client and/or provider to determine if client went for testing or treatment and the outcome, if any, of that test or treatment
* Conduct routine follow-up on INH compliance and immunizations
* Document activities and outcomes in case file, assessment form and database
* Translate for nurse, nurse practitioner, physician and other medical providers cultural background of one or more refugee
This Ad has been viewed 330 times.