Catholic radio comes to Central Coast

Immaculate Heart Radio adds 890AM to roster
Doug Sherman

Doug Sherman

The following comes from a January 13 press release.

Immaculate Heart Radio expands broadcast of commercial-free Catholic radio in California with acquisition of KLFF 890AM San Luis Obispo.

The call letters will change to KIHC for Immaculate Heart Radio of the Central Coast.  The station will reach over 500,000 people along the Central Coast from Santa Maria to Paso Robles beginning January 15. With the addition of 890AM, Immaculate Heart’s California/West Coast potential listening audience climbs to more than 30 million.

“We are pleased to bring Catholic radio to the Central Coast,” said Doug Sherman, founder and president of the radio chain.

LAUNCH DAY EVENT DETAILS:

WHEN  Tuesday, January 15 – 1 p.m.  OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

Bishop Garcia

Bishop Garcia

WHO  Most Reverend Richard Garcia, bishop of the Diocese of Monterey will flip the switch to put 890AM “on-air.”

WHERE  Mission San Luis Obispo, in the Mission Parish Hall (751 Palm Street, San Luis Obispo 93401)

Immaculate Heart is a growing non-profit organization of listener-supported radio stations broadcasting throughout the western U.S.  The original broadcast signal which launched in 1997 from a warehouse in Reno, has grown to include 29 outlets that air Catholic content 24-hours a day, seven days a week.  Start-up costs for new stations are funded by local Catholic communities and each outlet becomes listener-supported within two years of going on-air.

Buffer
To add a comment, click on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ icons OR go further down to the bottom of comments to the Post your comment box.

Comments

1. Abeca Christian says:

I like this radio station. God bless them and may they prosper in bringing in whatever the good Lord wills.

2. An excellent development and grace for the Central Coast! Thank you Bishop and thank you Immaculate Heart Radio!

3. This is so refreshing to read, after the depressing article above on the CA bishops and their support of the Democrat platform. I found the reference to Gov. Brown’s “seminary days” comical — but then, he was in a Jesuit seminary.

Kudos to another Catholic Radio station. We need many more and we need it announced in the pulpits.

4. It seems like just yesterday everbody was piling on Bishop Garcia as if he were the devil — and now it’s one big love fest for him.

How very fickle we are!

• Abeca Christian says:

max stop your negative bashing. What are you talking about, everyone? yesterday? You are really twisting things..what an insult to the faithful. Its no wonder you can’t get along. I like this radio station and I applaud it….

• Mackz formerly known as max says:

Abeca,

I’m referring to the deluge of attacks against Bishop Garcia when he apologised to the Native Americans for what the Europeans did to them in destrying their culture, bringing diseases that wiped out much of the people, and forcing many of them into slave labor…

• I think I liked you better as max…you were funnier and easier to write. What’s with the name change? Have you been taken over by another person ala three faces of eve?

• Abeca Christian says:

well frankly mackz I don’t blame them… I don’t think they were attacks but truly tone of frustration….

5. Maryanne Leonard says:

In Southern California it is so difficult to get any Catholic radio station, except on your computer. I’m told that the Southern California area has the highest radio listenership in the nation and thus is the most expensive place to establish or purchase a radio station, which is why we may be last in line to ever get our own Catholic radio. Why can’t we find a way around this? Or is there something out there that I have not yet discovered? It is so wonderful that the Central Coast area has Catholic radio now! It will be all the more delightful to drive through and/or visit that lovely area now.

• Abeca Christian says:

Maryanne I listen to Immaculate Heart Radio on 1000am. Certain parts it may be hard to get but I do get it.

• Do you like Dr.Ray, Abeca? He and Marcus Grodi are not far from where I live, and I love their shows. I was going to be part of Dr.Ray’s audience on his tv show, but I chickened out. ha. I don’t like driving into the big city by myself anymore. Also, sonrise morning show comes out of Cincinati. Radio is really big here too. Especially as there is less and less to watch on tv, ironically. If you can get Ave Maria Radio (it’s out of Ann Arbor) on Sat. eve, at 6:30 (I think) there’s radio theater for families with really good programming! They’re serials, so kids get into them like when I was a kid listening to Sgt.Preston of the Yukon. I’m so thankful that I have good radio wherever I drive in this state…even down on the Ohio River in Appalachia. I was amazed…there isn’t even cell phone down where I was.

6. I’m soooo happy! Catholic Radio in Santa Maria and San Luis Obispo, Thank you Bishop Garcia! Thank You Imacculate Heart Radio!
    Thank You Jesus!

COMMENTS POLICY: Comments are limited to 250 words, and should not contain offensive or libelous language. Please strive to be civil. All comments are subject to approval by our moderator and to editing as the moderator deems appropriate. Inclusion of your email address is optional.